About Me

My photo
India
love reading, listening to western classical music. teaching is my passion.I believe what Ayn Rand had said--"Well, have I taught you anything? I'll tell you: I've taught you a great deal and nothing. No one can teach you anything, not at the core, at the source of it. What you're doing--it's yours, not mine, I can only teach you to do it better. I can give you the means, but the aim--the aim's your own.." I believe in integrity- integrity of thoughts, ideas and ideals.

Tuesday, December 9, 2014

My first word cloud



A new year is just around the corner. I take pride in being part of the community of dynamic movers and shakers, the unsung heroes of the world- the teaching fraternity. Last night, as I was looking back on what I had achieved this year, all I could see were a few faces- a shy one, a mischievous one, a sad one, a troubled one and so on. All these lives have meant something to me. They have transformed a bit of me.
I remember a girl who loves to read. she used to sneak a book inside her desk during the evening preparatory time. I often ignored her. I knew she was not good in many subjects but I never had a heart to tell her to close that wonderful imaginary world of dragons and start studying. Maybe, her grades have not improved. Still, she finished big, fat and thick books..
And then there was one student of mine who would not study at all unless he sat with me. And more often than not studying turned to chatting about dogs, turtles, snakes and rocks...
Here is my first word cloud that I learnt to make. The words in this cloud says all about what my students have achieved or are in the process of achieving, if not today then tomorrow surely. 

No comments:

Post a Comment